PDA

View Full Version : TEAM GRIZZLY VS. HUNTING PA. !!!

Grizzly Gary
02-05-2007, 08:41 PM
The challenge has been issued. The good folks from www.huntingpa.com have accepted the Tailwaters Trout fishing challenge.

Here are the details: Team Grizzly vs. Hunting Pa for a one day Trout fishing battle to be held at the end of February or the beginning of March. This epic battle will take place at the Allegheny River on a date to be determined. Fishable waters will be from the Kinzua Tailrace down to the Glade Bridge in Warren Pennsylvania.

Last year I represented Team Grizzly all by myself. The Hunting Pa. boys eeked out a win barely. This year I need a team. Who's in to represent Team Grizzly?

We had a great time as we both fished and enjoyed a shoreline cookout of Grilled Pheasant breasts and Venison sausages. We also shared some Senior Soda mixtures to help keep us warm.

These Hunting Pa. folks are already talking smack and claim the Las Vegas line has them giving Team Grizzly 3 fish. Who wants to help me kick their butts!!!

Treerat can you post the link here to the HPA post regarding this challenge for all here to read?

Grizzly Gary

ratherbhuntin
02-05-2007, 08:54 PM
http://www.huntingpa.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/775376/an/0/page/0#Post775376

Im not treerat but there ya go and as far as what team to fish on wow this is gonna be a hard one. I havent won anything like treerat but sure do enjoy the chatting. And seeing how you so nicely doubt my trout catching abilities grizz i will refresh your memory that i caught 3, treerat caught 1, and it seems the majority of riverwaders fish that day were caught on us potter county boys custom spinners. So it would seem that we may be able to bring an edge to one of the teams with our nice shiny secret lures.

Bryan Hoffner
02-06-2007, 05:00 AM
Gary, I would like to come to your aid here as it seems that you are fighting a hard battle. Must be a lot of smack be talked for you to be asking for help building a team.

But you've just hit probably my worst subject in the school of fishing. I suck at river trout fishing. Can't beleive I admit this but I do and I'm so bad you'll never see me trying it again.

I just never seem to get invited on the and I quote "good days" even though my buddies still catch em and I don't. I since have given up these adventures. I won't even go to the tribs on Erie.

I have a few buddies that kill them in that stretch of river but doubt I'd be able to confirm their willingness to help join a team and/or bet for numerous reasons. They are 100 % legit but you know how some fisherman get about tactics and spots.

treerat
02-06-2007, 10:19 AM
Oh and a PS. Treerat & Ratherbhuntin couldn't even catch Trout in Chapman Dam when they just stocked it with a ton of fish!

Grizzly Gary
Guess its time to break out the A game . It seems like neither coach wants Us Potter county boys . .We will see which one begs for a super lure after we catch all the fish :D
Bryan I have found you fish for those river trout like you would a bass. big baits catch big fish

Grizzly Gary
02-06-2007, 01:11 PM
Treerat & ratherbhuntin,

It would be my honor to have you guys as part of Team Grizzly! I was just funning ya in regards to your fishing prowess. After all it was ratherbhuntin that said he taught you everything you know. :lol:

I hope to have Capt. Wally Carlson ( Guide to the Rich & Famous) and also would hope that hunterdeneugene would be part of the team. Capt. Wally has gone south for a few weeks but I think he should be back in time. I have to pm hunterdeneugene.

The March 10th date will be the day subject to outflow. Am already thinking of my fine dining contribution as well as my Senior Soda offering. Am thinking of filling a big thermos with some nice warm Glug. Glug will warm ya head to toe!

Bookie in the Woods says the Vegas money has Team Grizzly in an upset over www.huntingpa.com! Should be an epic battle.

Grizzly Gary

Mack
02-07-2007, 08:57 AM
Coach of the HuntingPA team here.....(Iknow Booooo!)

Just want to say, this thing is 100% fun in cluding the trash talk..... doesn't matter what team you choose to fish for or if you are even a good river trout fisherman. It is about enjoying a day on this gem of a river with other folks who love Kinzua country.

Don't read much into all the interent posts, I think Gary will agree with me that on both boards their purpose is to strike up a great group of people, laughing, eating, drinking a little ...and catching monster trout that will amaze us all in fight ,size and beauty. We aren't talking out of a bucket trout here....

If you are not big on river fishing...now is the time to get started as we will have some with a real knack for it there (on both teams) and no one minds sharing the tips as long as catch and release is practiced once you have the knack too. The only real reason to choose sides here is so we get close to an even # of folks on the two teams. So if you are on both boards, and Gary needs some "players" no hard feelings, maybe just some ribbing in fun for the next month...Bottom line is i will be proud to share the river, the food, the beverages, the trout, the great pics with anyone from anywhere...heck I barely throw a line in the water in most of these outings.

If you can find a better way to spend a March Saturday than this, please pass that info along...because i can't.

Down to about a month....here is too a gentle March run off and 30 degrees more in air temps...sharpen those hooks and strengthen those arms GRIZZERS!!!!!

treerat
02-07-2007, 09:09 AM
Hopefully this event won't happen on the 10th . I have to work that day . :( Hope to get some fishing in before The Rumble On The River part 2 . Like Mack said this is purely for fun . You wont get better Cuisine any where in the twin tiers . Gary Needs some more team mates . Last Year he represented the site by himself .

Grizzly Gary
02-07-2007, 01:28 PM
Mack is right in that the trash talking is all in fun. You also do not have to be a pro angler to fish. The HPA guys are more than willing to share tips & tactics as am I. The fun is all getting together for a day of fishing, food and a few Senior Sodas.

Of course Team Grizzly whooping www.huntingpa.com will be the piece d' resisitance!

Team Grizzly just signed the veteran righthander Dan Page of Pages Sporting Goods in Warren Pa who claims to have a killer Trout tactic.

THE RUMBLE ON THE RIVER!! PART 2

You'll want to be there!

Grizzly Gary

River Wader
02-07-2007, 01:58 PM
Well Gary, as of yesterday I have been informed that I have been traded to team Grizzly for the RUMBLE on the RIVER.

Let's go ahead and make it official.

River Wader would be honored become the newest member of
TEAM GRIZZLY for RUMBLE OF THE RIVER II!!!!!!!!

Grizzly Gary
02-07-2007, 02:46 PM
I am honored to have you on Team Grizzly oh fearless River Wader! Nothing like a guy who has been traded by last years Champs who wants to get even! LOL! :lol:

Team Grizzly is shaping up and the bookies are noticing in Vegas. The line she is a changing! The Rumble On The River will have the waters churning!

Can't wait!

Grizzly Gary

outfishya
02-07-2007, 02:50 PM
Hopefully this event won't happen on the 10th . I have to work that day . :( Hope to get some fishing in before The Rumble On The River part 2 . Like Mack said this is purely for fun . You wont get better Cuisine any where in the twin tiers . Gary Needs some more team mates . Last Year he represented the site by himself .
Well if treerat dont make it i guess i will have to try and find my way down. Time to start studying the map so i dont make a wrong turn. Im sure he wont mind me borrowing a secret lure or 2 have to run down one of these days.

ratherbhuntin
02-07-2007, 02:53 PM
Well if treerat dont make it i guess i will have to try and find my way down. Time to start studying the map so i dont make a wrong turn. Im sure he wont mind me borrowing a secret lure or 2 have to run down one of these days.

This ^^^ is my post i cant believe she logged me out AGAIN. This is getting totally out of hand. But maybe i can talk the ol' lady to come down but she is confused about what is going on through our heads when we put on chest waders and stand in the middle of a river when its freezing cold out.

treerat
02-07-2007, 08:56 PM
Time to start studying the map so i dont make a wrong turn. Im sure he wont mind me borrowing a secret lure or 2 have to run down one of these days..
How many times have you been down there ? all you have to find is rt 6 that shouldnt be to hard .

ratherbhuntin
02-07-2007, 09:26 PM
Time to start studying the map so i dont make a wrong turn. Im sure he wont mind me borrowing a secret lure or 2 have to run down one of these days..
How many times have you been down there ? all you have to find is rt 6 that shouldnt be to hard .

twice and how many times did i not fall asleep. once. I remember get onto 6 and follow it until you see signs for warren but coming back is when i will take a wrong turn. im horrible with directions. :D

Grizzly Gary
02-08-2007, 09:58 AM
Ahhhh :idea: another possible ploy to eliminate some of the HPA competition. Give them maps weith wrong directions! Then we Team Grizzly folks can eat all Macks food, drink his Senior Sodas and catch all the fish!

This might be an easy win!!! :lol:

Rumble on the River! Part 2.

Grizzly Gary

Buckethead
02-08-2007, 11:03 AM
Looking forward to meeting you in person, Gary. (Even if you are the enemy!) I fished the TW last Friday and managed a 22-24" brown on my first cast. Didn't have another bite the rest of the afternoon. This will be a fun time and I'd be dissapointed if there wasn't any smack talking. I've already announced to River Wader I plan on catching another trout in front of his boots like I did last year. No offense to you, Gary, but I gotta dance with the one who brought me. HPA FOR LIFE!!!! ALL HAIL COACH CHICKEN KICKER!!!!

Buckethead
Minister of Propaganda- KTTTAFAS

Mighty Mike
02-08-2007, 11:26 AM
Man alive a guy ask a simple question on the trout page then all hell breaks lose. Next thing i know grizzly got me into a rumble on the river. Looks like i am in at team grizzly. Will be fun to meet all you guys. in honor of trash talking it will be fun kicking your butts to. guys named buckethead or treerat dont sound to scary to me. he he he

mike

treerat
02-08-2007, 12:46 PM
Mighty mike Iam a free agent fisherman . If this event happens on one of my free weekends . I will decide which team needs my talents the most . As of right now the 10th is a bad day for me . It looks like as of now Grizzly will need more fisherpeople .Hunting pa appears to have more numbers right now . But gary now has that ringer with River wader joining his team .That man catches fish every time on the river . :o

treerat
02-16-2007, 10:29 AM
Mack wants to Know if we could change the date on this Rumble on the River . He has to help stock fish on 3/10 . How would 3/3 or 3/17 work for every one ?
If we change to either of theese dates I would be able to fish :lol:

ratherbhuntin
02-16-2007, 12:29 PM
I am up for either day i am jsut ready to go fishing.

Grizzly Gary
02-19-2007, 01:19 PM
Posted it up on the other side. What's the word?

Grizzly Gary

Mighty Mike
02-20-2007, 03:49 PM
what date have you all decided? i am ready to have the battle begin. i am excited to meet all these nutty sounding fishermen. cant wait to share a fun day with all.

mike

ratherbhuntin
02-20-2007, 05:02 PM
what date have you all decided? i am ready to have the battle begin. i am excited to meet all these nutty sounding fishermen. cant wait to share a fun day with all.

mike

I guess the 10th is finalized. I think i will fish team girzzly gary since last year with huntingpa I had horrible luck and ripped my waders on the way to the river and then on top of that didnt catch anything so hopefully this time my luck is a little better. Well better get the rod lined up and go down and sneak some lures off from treerat.

Grizzly Gary
02-21-2007, 07:31 AM
The 10th it is! I figure we will meet at the ice cream place at the intersection of 59 & 6 so that those not familiar with where to go on the river can follow the rest. Aren't we gonna look like a parade of danger going up hemlock! :lol:

Ratherbhuntin we are honored to have you as a member of Team Grizzly!

Grizzly Gary

Bill J
02-22-2007, 09:00 AM
I may have missed the meeting time at the ice cream place somewhere, so at what time are you all meeting on the 10th of March?

ratherbhuntin
02-22-2007, 09:31 AM
1st Annual HuntingPA.com vs GrizzlyGary.com
Kinzua Tailwater Trophy Trout Face Off
Saturday , March 10, 2007
Dixon Island in the Heart of Kinzua Country

Schedule for the day:

Event Set-up
7:30-7:45 Set up crew meets at Dairy Delight parking area
7:45 Bait Buckets filled at Pages Sporting Goods
8:00 Set-up Crew arrives at Dixon Island Parking Area (end of Hemlock Rd)
8:00 to 8:30 Grills, coolers, etc.. taken over to island, fire started

Event
8:30-8:45 Wait on other team members, not in Set up Crew
8:45 – 9 AM Numbers selected to choose starting spots on river
9 AM Kick-off Toast to the days events
9-Noon Mornings Fishing
Noon-12:45 Everyone out of the water for lunch
12:45 – 4 PM Afternoon Fishing
4PM Final Team Results tabulated, winner declared, special recognitions (biggest fish,
smallest fish, coldest person, etc..)

Rules
1. Teams can have as many members as they want, but only the scores of the top 4 fisherman from the morning and afternoon session per team will be used. Everyone starts fresh after lunch.

2. Scores will be tabulated by number of inches of Trout (Brown, Rainbows, and Brooks) caught by the top 4 anglers of each team.

3. Starting spots at Dixon will be chose via number drawing. Enter the water to choose your spot, once everyone chooses you can move at anytime to a new spot that is unoccupied., EXCEPT there is no taking another fisherman’s spot in the river if they need to leave the water to land a fish and have it officially measured, etc..….if they leave cause they are cold, hungry, doing rod repairs or thirsty or nature calls the spot becomes open to another team member first, then anyone if all on the team in that location decline.

4. To make the landing more suspenseful any Lake Trout caught will be a negative score of .5 per inch, regardless of if caught by top 4 fisherman of the team or not. For the welfare of the fish, no try to break the line,etc.. a 24” inch laker would eliminate 12 inches of the pretty trout. Dead fish of all species after release are negative 2 points for every inch of fish. WE CAN NOT LET THIS HAPPEN.

5. Each fish must be officially netted, measured, pic taken and released to be counted. Non-fishing (at the time) participants can do these duties.

6. The whole 8 miles of river down to the Glade bridge are open to the contest, BUT no group can head off to another location without a member of the other team with them. (Good chance to make a new fishing buddy by the way).

7. Senses of Humor and the Spirit of this event must be forefront at all times in all locations and of course all Fish regs must be followed.

treerat
02-25-2007, 09:38 PM
Bumping this up for Woodywoodduck . He was asking Questions over on the other site .Come on Up the food is worth the trip .Sure wished I didnt have to work

Grizzly Gary
02-26-2007, 07:03 PM
Treerat, bring that other half a rod with you when you do get down here. Call me and I will get the right half to you. Two useless rods don't make a right one! :lol:

Also the rod building guru is working on your specialty.

Grizzly Gary

Woodywoodduck
02-26-2007, 10:19 PM
I have to figure out how to sweet talk the wife into letting me come up there!

The Daughter and I already pretty much spend our outdoor allowance Saturday on a New Rugar 357...

I'm thinking on how to sweet talk her into letting me sneak away for a fishing trip up that way!

Gary, is March 23, 24 and 25 Still a Go???
If so, You need to let me know were you will be staying and what times your gonna be at the store.......We will meet you for either Dinner or Breakfast somewere near were you are staying.

Grizzly Gary
02-27-2007, 11:11 AM
woodywoodduck, all is still a go as far as I know. Will be meeting with the radio powers Thursday. Will be e-mailing the Cabelas folks after that meeting. Will then call you with details.

Hope you can join us for the "Rumble On The River!" Shoot be a hoot of a time.

Grizzly Gary

Mighty Mike
02-28-2007, 02:05 PM
i am ready. heard grizzly is not fishing but is going to measure the fish. with him not fishing we have a real good chance to win. he he he will be fun to meet all you guys.

mike

Woodywoodduck
02-28-2007, 02:05 PM
I'm not going to be able to make it....

Was ready to do my little talk with the Wife last night and came in on her and my Daughter talking....
I had dun plum forgot next weekend is my little Sweet peas birthday....

We are taking her out to eat Friday night at the resturant of her choice.... we do that every year... this year it is TGI Fridays... not bad I guess, last year it was Outback steak house.

The rest of the weekend the house will be filled with a bunch of screaming teenage girls and I don't dare ask the wife to get away and let her to take care of things by herself!

So, I'm not going to make it!