PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Ice

Old School Dave
02-10-2007, 10:43 AM
It's in full swing around here but I'm having a time finding some decent eyes. Right now its a search mission since they are not in the normal haunts. Wont let up till I find some nice fish.
Wish I had more to post.
Mosquito 5-6" good ice
Pymatuning 5-6" good ice
Shenango 15"+ (killing the slab crappies at the Celery Farm)

Will_S
02-10-2007, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the update Dave. At Shenango do you know if the crappie bite is just a moring/evening thing or are they getting during the day as well? I may head there this week or I may try Pymatuning.

Old School Dave
02-10-2007, 12:45 PM
The crappie bite is a morning thing, they shut off around 10:00am.My son fished last night and just caught small ones and just a couple decent fish. He's going out in the morning,will update as too how he does. I'm cheap and wont spend the $60+ for a non-resident license and just use it a couple of times,I'll just keep fishing my local lakes until I find decent eyes. Besides all my Ohio license's are now 1/2 price for me. LOL

Old School Dave
02-10-2007, 12:48 PM
Was up Pymatuning Wed. putting product in a new baitshop. Stopped by a few parking lots and there were very few guys fishing. Heard the bite is very slow as is Mosquito.

Grizzly Gary
02-10-2007, 06:04 PM
A couple buddies fished Pymatuming early this week and hoisted some fine slab sides. Said them Crappie were in the 12-14 inch size. Them are some nice crappie. They were fishing Pa. waters.

Grizzly Gary

Will_S
02-11-2007, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the update Dave and Gary. Forecast for Tuesday here has a chance of a good snow/ice storm coming. This may throw a wrench into my early week fishing plans :x .

flipper
02-11-2007, 07:15 PM
Just want to update you guys on Shenango,went out this morning and fished from 6:30 to 10:30 am and caught just two 10" crappie.The bite was slow for everybody today, but thats how it is ice fishing for panfish ,on one day off another.The ones we caught Friday were on gold sweedish pimples with a minnow tail and the blugills came off of pin-mins and maggots.Will be heading back out there this week.I'll post another report when I get back.If anybody wants to know there is 10" of good ice on the lake so bring your gas augers.

FishingMarshall
02-18-2007, 12:03 PM
Lots of guys out at Buckeye Lake yesterday. The bite was slow all day. I managed 3 dink saugeye and lost a nice fish at the hole. Ice was a good 12in.

Grizzly Gary
02-18-2007, 07:53 PM
Welcome FishingMarshall! Thanks for the Ohio ice update. What part of the state is Buckeye Lake located?

I didn't fare much better on Kinzua today!

Grizzly Gary

FishingMarshall
02-18-2007, 09:01 PM
Buckeye is in central Ohio

Outdoorsman
02-18-2007, 10:19 PM
Went out Rabbit hunting today and talked to a few guys on the ponds and one had a nice bunch of gill and the other had two bass in the 12 to 14 inch size. Another guy showed me a picture of 21 inch largemouth he got threw the ice last weekend on a
blue gill. Lol..he said he put it down as a joke and about **** when he had all he could handle.

FishingMarshall
02-19-2007, 10:46 AM
A 21in largemouth would be fun to catch through the ice.