PDA

View Full Version : need help on new bow

walleyebuster jr.
02-11-2007, 07:43 PM
ive been looking for a new bow i currently shoot a jennings carbon extreme but id like a new bow one more up to date ive been looking at the hoyt vectrix the diamond liberty wich i believe is a discontinued modle and the line of ross bows im leaning toward the hoyt vectrix but i dont know i was wondering if somebody could give me some input on tis subject

treerat
02-12-2007, 11:01 AM
Go shoot a few diffrent ones . Decide which ones you like . Definately go to a pro shop and have them tell you your correct draw length . I would suggest a model with adjustable draw length .You are still growing and you dont want to have to buy a new bow every year . .Did you or Joey get any deer this year?

walleyebuster jr.
02-12-2007, 02:28 PM
well joey got a doe in rifle season i missed several buck during archery season over to his moms house but i will take your advice and go shoot some bows and talk to a few poeple at the pro shops

treerat
02-14-2007, 10:24 AM
Tell Joey way to go on the doe . :D Just keep trying on the archery hunts .It took me a few years to get my first one with a bow .

Grizzly Gary
02-18-2007, 09:34 PM
Absolutely excellent advice reagrding visiting a Pro Shop. Certainly one that specializes in Archery and has the facilities to get you properly set up. You will save time & needless headaches. I have nothing against big box stores but they will no way provide you the one on one attention that such an important purchase requires.

Good Luck!

Grizzly Gary