PDA

View Full Version : Leaving "things on the ice"

Linda O
02-12-2007, 09:15 AM
This is just a quick reminder to the fellow 'ice animals' out there. Many of us for our own reasons leave fish on the ice or bait. Yes the resident Bald Eagles and Ravens and Great Horned Owls (the only fish eating owl we have) and such due benefit from this, but remember to remove the leaders and remaining hooks in this fish please!!!!

For those of you who leave the 'mud-dogs and hellbenders on the ice this is critical. Eagles will eat these in one gulp and there goes a 2-0 treble in the intestines of our national bird! Please refrain from leaving the hellbenders on the ice. They wont poison you!! or take a bite out of you it is winter and there COLD BLOODED. They are a feed for the walleys so why kill them? If you wont handle them at least put them back down the hole.

Good luck and be safe
Linda O

treestandtimmy
02-12-2007, 01:50 PM
same nitwits that leave garbage in the woods. no brains.

Grizzly Gary
02-12-2007, 04:13 PM
When at bPresque Isle this past Friday I saw garbage & beer cans left on the ice by the scumbags of the world.

I also have left bait & White Perch on the ice for the birds to feed on. But never ever left a hook or line attached. Why don't people think?

Grizzly Gary

steve6526
02-12-2007, 07:15 PM
we where down on quaker last weakend and watched the crows come down and check out the ice every time someone left .they where there before the guys got off the ice to see what they left behind .

Grizzly Gary
02-14-2007, 07:34 PM
Crows got to eat to. Tis amazing how they know where to get a free meal. I often wonder how thay see the o so small dead tidbits on the road?

Grizzly Gary

Linda O
02-20-2007, 08:48 AM
Hey Griss,
just a quick question, do you have crows and Ravens follow you often?

A good friend of mine who has since passed and many of you knew, John Giordano, coined the term 'earth-pigs' to those who left the real garbage on the ice and in the woods. Please feel free to use this wonderful term!

Linda O