PDA

View Full Version : NEW CAST AWAY BROCHURES

Gilligan
02-22-2007, 06:42 PM
Hi all...

I am expecting new brochures in 3 weeks, any one that would like one please shoot me your address via email and I will shoot one off when they arrive. 2007 is going to be awesome!

Grizzly Gary
02-23-2007, 09:21 PM
2007 is going to be awesome on Erie! If you thought last year was good? Wait till this year!!!

I can 100% recommend www.castawaycharters.net

Grizzly Gary

Cattafly
04-08-2007, 05:54 AM
Met Gilligan at the Hamburg show and got one of his new brochures. Very impressive. Especially liked the part that states "isn't just a fishing trip, but a hands-on seminar on walleye fishing". I fish pretty much exclusively on Chautauqua but if I want to learn something about big lake fishing, I would really consider going out with Cast Away. I live only about 15 minutes from Silver Lake Marine and have been dealing with them for a number of years and also HIGHLY recommend them to everyone for their boating needs. May be quite a trip for most of you guys but they really do have the best people and service.

Old School Dave
04-08-2007, 01:56 PM
We have Freds charter service up in lights on the main page of our website.Now he has worldwide advertising. :shock: Check it out,have to scroll down a bit.

Grizzly Gary
04-09-2007, 10:32 AM
Listen Crankbait lips ( OSDAVE ) I was the one that originally discovered Gilligan & Castaway Charters thus launching him to worldwide notariety! :lol:

Castaway Charters is a must for your finest of fine Lake Erie experiences.

www.castawaycharters.net

www.steelvalleytackle.com

Gilligan
04-09-2007, 05:22 PM
Actually, I was famous long before meeting either of you! :sign5:

As for what, I plead the 5th!

Dave, appreciate you throwing me up on your site. For everyones information, I will be giving Steel Valley's new line of Contender Spoons a trial run soon. I'll update everyone once I get on Erie with them. Some awesome looking colors. I just put in an order with Dave for rods, reels, line, deeper divers. Very impressive prices. The 'big boys' can't touch his prices.

Grizz, this is scary...I just wrote a newsletter to send out with my brochures. My wife accused me of having you write it! Talking like Gary, well that would be a mans worst nightmare!

Gilligan
04-09-2007, 05:46 PM
Met Gilligan at the Hamburg show and got one of his new brochures. Very impressive. Especially liked the part that states "isn't just a fishing trip, but a hands-on seminar on walleye fishing". I fish pretty much exclusively on Chautauqua but if I want to learn something about big lake fishing, I would really consider going out with Cast Away. I live only about 15 minutes from Silver Lake Marine and have been dealing with them for a number of years and also HIGHLY recommend them to everyone for their boating needs. May be quite a trip for most of you guys but they really do have the best people and service.

Thanks Cattafly.

Jane and all the Silver Lake folks are impressive. I am very proud to be connected with them. I tell people this is where I send my friends to and a year later they are still my friends. I drive 95 miles 1 way to go to Silver Lake Marine!

Some of those 'Erie' tricks have put my biggest walleye in the boat on Chautauqua! If you ever make it to Olean NY stop in the post office and ask for my partner/post master Ken Johnston and ask to see the mount in his office. Chautauqua hog Erie style!

flipper
04-09-2007, 08:28 PM
Gary thats a good one.Now I have a new name to call him.OLD CRANKBAIT LIPS :lol:

Old School Dave
04-10-2007, 11:07 AM
All you hear about is Ohio Lake Erie walleye fishing and we figured we would give the New York and Pa. Captains their place in the sun. Have another Capt. we are adding and he's from Pizzburgh , of all places. :roll: Just waiting for his brochure.

OSD
aka Old Crankbait Lips

Gilligan
04-10-2007, 04:23 PM
All you hear about is Ohio Lake Erie walleye fishing and we figured we would give the New York and Pa. Captains their place in the sun. Have another Capt. we are adding and he's from Pizzburgh , of all places. :roll: Just waiting for his brochure.

OSD
aka Old Crankbait Lips

:hal

Personally, I can never figure these west basin guys out. Their bite is early season- late season. Worst weather conditions and yet they all flock west to fish. Our best bite kicks in early June and runs mid September. The warmest/most stable wind conditions. I don't doubt some nuts enjoy fishing in 36deg and 25k winds, me I enjoy fishing in short sleeves and needing ice to keep the refreshments cool. Another awesome east basin feature is that we call 5 boats within a mile a 'pack'. Sandusky area that would be 500 boats within a mile. :banghead:

Old School Dave
04-10-2007, 04:56 PM
The whole draw up there in the spring is pulling the big females getting ready to spawn,that and the Maumee and Sandusky River. I have never fished that circus,never will and if I had my way it would be shut down till May.
I wouldn'tbe able to post this on any Ohio board because everyone in my neck of the woods thinks its their Constitutional right to pluck the big mama's before they spawn. Different ball game over here.

Grizzly Gary
04-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Actually it was neither I or Ole Crankbait Lips (OSDAVE :lol: ) that made Gilligan the world famous Charter Captain he is today. It was that crotchity retired eyedoktr that taught him everything he knows thus launching him to stardom! :shock: :lol: :lol:

www.castawaycharters.net

Gilligan
04-10-2007, 05:56 PM
Actually it was neither I or Ole Crankbait Lips (OSDAVE :lol: ) that made Gilligan the world famous Charter Captain he is today. It was that crotchity retired eyedoktr that taught him everything he knows thus launching him to stardom! :shock: :lol: :lol:

www.castawaycharters.net

Grizz must be home and into the vodka!

jiggingshad11
04-11-2007, 10:28 AM
I would really like to tell some stories about Gilligan early days on Chaut. but I don't have the photo's to back them up, so I will leave well enough alone. It sure was lots of good times. :D Gilligan--Have a Great year on Erie with that new boat.

Gilligan
04-12-2007, 08:07 PM
I would really like to tell some stories about Gilligan early days on Chaut. but I don't have the photo's to back them up, so I will leave well enough alone. It sure was lots of good times. :D Gilligan--Have a Great year on Erie with that new boat.

No camera? That is the best way to keep rumors as rumors! I'm glad they are only rumors and that you missed many of them...glad my kid didn't have a camera either. :oops: