Thread: Geco-Sportbuchse Model 23 .22lr

Default Geco-Sportbuchse Model 23 .22lr

Picked this up for $70 a few days ago. Made in Berlin during the days of the Wiemar Republic. The action is really smooth and the trigger is like glass. I've put 875 rounds through it so far and only a very small fraction of those were a miss.

Senior Member Grand Master of Grizzlyland zenrider's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It looks like it is in pretty good shape. It must seem excrutiatingly slow have to operate a bolt handle each load. That is a lot of rounds using that method.
    zenrider
    Attention Vegetarians: My food poops on your food.

I bought it hoping to save ammunition, but what ends up happening is that I just spend more time at the range and fire the same amount as I would with a semi-auto. I couldn't believe how quiet it was with subsonic rounds. I'm definitely going to get more of those.

Blog Entries

More range time isn't a bad thing. Maybe I should take the bolt actions again someday. I have enough for everybody, no waiting.
    zenrider

Blog Entries

The pictures do not do that thing justice. That is a biggest 22 caliber I ever saw. It is like the Excaliber of 22s everywhere. I don't think I saw you miss a shot.
    zenrider

Blog Entries

I could not believe I was hitting those tiny specs of targets with open sights on that thing. I must have been having a good eyes day and it doesn't hurt that the gun shoots like a bench rest rifle.
    zenrider

I was getting pretty frustrated with the almost 50% dud rate with that brick I bought, but I have to say that it was pretty accurate. This rifle shoots so well with bulk ammunition that I'm really interested to see how it does with some match competition ammo.