Thread: STATE WIDE COYOTE/PORCUPINE HUNTING CONTEST

Junior Member Baitfish

Default STATE WIDE COYOTE/PORCUPINE HUNTING CONTEST

The Western PA Coon and Fox Hunters Assoc. is having their annual coyote/porcupine hunting contest February 15, 16 and 17. For more information call John at 724-968-7333 or see website: (url)http://users.zoominternet.net/~coonandfox(url)

Senior Member Big Buck
    Blog Entries

not sure I'm a big supporter of a porcupine contest , I mean really?????
    bass or walleye? no question BASS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Senior Member Big Buck

You don't own any timber John?
    870 Boy

A Country Boy can survive.

Senior Member Big Buck
    Blog Entries

not the point I was trying to make, and yes I do own timber and so does my family, infact I will kill any porkies I find on my own property and that is why I believe the PGC released the protection they had (they knew people had a right to kill em on their own land), but to have a contest on killing them, not sure it's sending the right message about hunters out there. Sure I agree on your own property kill em, but unless they tell me there is a huge over population of porkies out there causing uncontrollable damage I'm not for killing for the sake of killing and definately not for promoting it. I could be wrong maybe these guys are going to eat em, if so fine, but everything had it's place and porkies do damage trees but they also feed other animals and have their place in the ecosystem. Your own land yup sure thing but like I said to kill just to kill , me I'm not such a big fan. Coyotes are killed to help control them and for their fur, unless you are eating a porky or it's damaging your own trees I don't see any need to kill them.
    bass or walleye? no question BASS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Senior Member Big Buck

I will say this, not much skill involved in killing a porky...as compared to a yote.
    870 Boy

A Country Boy can survive.

Member Spikehorn

Yeah I don't really see a need for a porcupine contest myself. Just gives the activists something else to jump on. It's exactly what John says, killing just for the sake of killing something.

Senior Member On the Leader Board

I can't see some one going out just to shoot porkies? I guess if you walking into one while hunting yotes?