Thread: Fur Sale

Default Fur Sale

Fur sale will be held at Jefferson County Fairgrounds just outside Brookville Pa on Feb 22, 2014. There will be 4 buyers and some other venders there. The admission is 3.00 and there is NO COMMISSION! Doors open at 9:00 AM.
    Last edited by The Boat Guy; 02-14-2014 at 05:27 PM.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, then remember that 50% of the people are dumber that that!

I always remember this sale being at the end of March or early April. That was nice for selling my spring beavers. Any idea why it was changed?
    "A big mouth dosn't make a big man" John Wayne (The Cowboys)

I read some where Furs are up this year. True?????

This sale used to be at the Emerickville sportsman club but they outgrew the building. Not sure about the date change.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, then remember that 50% of the people are dumber that that!

I have heard that fur was up, but I have sold nothing yet so I can't say for sure. Most fur eventually runs thru the North American Fur Auction in Toronto. You can check how things went every month on their website. I sold at the Brookville sale the year before last. There were 3 buyers and I did well. Prehaps they moved the date up to get fur sold while the price is up?
    "A big mouth dosn't make a big man" John Wayne (The Cowboys)

Senior Member Grizzly Bear Snookman's Avatar

How did everybody do this year with furs?

Quote Originally Posted by Snookman View Post
    How did everybody do this year with furs?
    If they held on to them they lost out on some money.Just as I said in earlier post the tax enforced on Chinese fur buyers really changes the prices on furs compared to early on in the year.Still money to be made though.There was article in FUR FISH GAME back in April about how the market took a hit just like my local buyer told me all along it would.